Sunday, April 4, 2010

Overnight in Tabora

Downtown Tabora on Sunday afternoon

Our guest house is 5000 Tshs (Tanzanian Shillings) per night or around US $4 for a double. There's a communal bathroom with two squat toilets, and a sink but no soap or towels. But the room is clean and breezy and the sheets are pressed and white. The mosquito net is draped over my bed and I'm hoping and praying that I don't get a million little bites tonight. The bug spray is making all kinds of critters crawl up the walls, but nothing too intimidating. Mostly small roaches. We flew in from Dar to Tabora this afternoon on Air Tanzania onto a red dirt clay runway. The weather here is much drier and pleasant and there's definitely a small town vibe with the multitude of bicycles cruising around town compared to Dar.

I'm excited to finally continue my journey to the Wataturu tribe of Makungu, our final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment